Freshly Ground Orange Peels
We commonly associate orange peels with being high in vitamin C. They are also packed with beneficial compounds and nutrients that can do your body some extra good, especially if you’re suffering from respiratory distress so think twice before you throw your naturally grown orange peels into the compost pile.
Like most fruits, oranges are full of nutrients and enzymes that help our bodies perform better.
- When toxins or allergens in the air we breathe irritate delicate lung tissue, they can become irritated. Orange peel assists the lungs in cleansing themselves with its redness and histamine reducing properties and actions.
- Orange peels are rich in flavonoids, powerful antioxidants that help reduce oxidative damage and fight free radicals. Orange peel is also loaded with natural histamine suppressing compounds. If you have allergies or are close to someone who does, you understand how the sleepiness associated with some antihistamines can be just as disruptive as the histamine reaction itself.
- Orange Peels are high in Fiber which promotes weight loss.
- Orange Peels can treat headache, anxiety and depression.
- Suffering from bad breath? Chew an orange peel rather than a gum or a mouth freshener.
- Perhaps one of the most amazing and beneficial qualities of orange peel is its histamine and irritation reducing action, which adds to its already long list of reasons for being highly effective as a lung cleansing herb.
- Eating orange peels also provides tremendous benefit. It’s not just the fruit that’s loaded with vitamin C, the rind is too, as well as vitamin A, enzymes, fiber, and pectin. Vitamin C is a fantastic immune system booster that can help fight the symptoms of cold and flu. The taste is somewhat bitter when eaten by itself but many people get used to it, or simply add it to other recipes. In pureed form, orange peel is easy to add to a smoothie or as an extra ingredient in fruit and nut bars. Mixing it with other ingredients can make the taste more palatable.
- Dehydrated orange peel powder can even be added to a bath for an aroma therapeutic effect to cleanse the lungs of congestion or other respiratory irritation.
- Orange peels mixed with cinnamon powder makes a wonderful air freshener for the home. You will love the citrus smell and it can brighten your mood.
- Orange peel is a wonderful boon for the face and skin as it can cure blackheads, acne, blemishes, dark circles, dry skin, remove dead cells, and brighten your face.
- Orange peel oil is a wonderful bathing aid.
- You can also rub your nails with it’s peel for shine.
- Orange peels works wonders in the hair for removing dandruff and conditioning.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.