- Cut the off the sleeves
- Trim the rest of the shirt to get a rectangle shape.
- Trim the bottom of the shirt.
- Hem the bottom, stitch closed, and stitch up the sides.
- Measure an elastic strap to match the length you’d desire for your Pouchette to hang over your shoulder.
- Cut the elastic. use the sleeves to cover the elastic and sew up the middle on the inside of the strap.
- Insert the straps about a quarter of an inch into the shoulder section of the shirt and stitch that remaining section of the shirt closed, securing the straps.
- Be sure not to sew closed the neck hole.
- Hand sew appliques or glue if you so choose or if they do not provide holes for needle and thread.
- You can use some of the remaining fabric to create a bow and add to it a applique in the center.
This is a beginner project and creating the bow is very simple. If you need a tutorial on how to D.I.Y. a bow, you can find many videos on You Tube.
Enjoy your Pouchette!